Criteria and Instructions
Penn State Diversity Calendar of Events
Penn State encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the sponsoring organization or office in advance of your participation or visit.
The Center for Ethics & Religious Affairs calendar of Religious Holy Days.
What To Include
While no explicit criteria exist for the inclusion of events on Penn State's Diversity Calendar, events listed in the calendar should make a contribution to Penn State's diversity goals. For a further description of these goals, see the University's strategic plan for diversity, A Framework to Foster Diversity at Penn State: 2004-09. A glance at the calendar in any typical month will show events and exhibits throughout the University related to race/ethnicity, gender studies, LGBT, adult learners, disabilities, international issues, etc.
Events can be added by clicking on the bright yellow "ADD EVENT" button in the upper right-hand corner of the calendar page, which will link you to the online "Submit Event" form.
- Fill in all the appropriate fields.
- Choose either the "Diversity Events" or "Diversity Exhibits" calendar as appropriate. All entries listed on both "Events" and "Exhibits" automatically flow to the meta-calendar, "Diversity Calendar."
- When filling out the location prompt, please list the building and room number, then add your campus location--the "Diversity Calendar" is University-wide and includes entries from all Penn State campuses.
- If your event occurs on a regular basis, the repeat feature can be used.
- A "Web site URL" can be included for an easy link to your flyer, department, or organization to appear on the calendar.
- In addition, type in your name and the contact e-mail.
- Review your information before submitting the form - if you notice an error after submission, a new online form must be completed and submitted. However, if you forget relevant information (time, place, location), the editor will contact you for corrections.
- Once the form is complete, click on the gray "SUBMIT EVENT" button at the bottom of the form, and a message stating "Thank you for submitting your event" will indicate that your submission was successful.
The event will now be listed on the editorial's calendar as an unapproved event. The editor will make changes as appropriate, and you will receive an e-mail once your submission has been edited and approved. Repeating events are more challenging to edit, due to various glitches, and you may find many approval notices in your inbox. Once edited, please check the actual "Diversity Calendar" to make sure the listing is accurate.
Thank you for your interest in and support of Penn State's diversity-related activities.