Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Equity
WHO WE ARE
Created in 1991, the Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Equity (CLGBTQE) is one of three advisory commissions reporting to the President of Penn State. Commission members include faculty, staff, administrators, undergraduate and graduate students, and technical service employees from all Penn State campuses.
WHAT WE DO
CLGBTQE strives to improve the climate for diversity within Penn State by addressing issues affecting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer members of the University community.
Our work includes:
• Monitoring, evaluating, and creating programs and policies, and identifying areas in which new or revised policies, programs, and/or procedures may be needed related to LGBTQ equity;
• Engaging in LGBTQ-focused strategic planning;
• Recommending ways to ensure participation by and representation of LGBTQ individuals in University affairs and events;
• Facilitating academic and social discourse about issues affecting the LGBTQ community;
• Building partnerships and encouraging communication among students, faculty, staff, and administrators about issues related to LGBTQ equity University-wide.
The Commission’s work is done through several standing committees, all of which have annual goals and initiatives to achieve. The committees include Employee Concerns, Student Concerns, Transgender Concerns, Curricular Integration, and Communications/OUTreach.