Communication Guidelines and Resource Information
The information provided on this website is intended as a resource to ensure the quality and consistency in all of the materials produced in our units. These guidelines and resources have been compiled to offer direction in our communication efforts and procedures both internal and external to Educational Equity and to Penn State University.
Steps for producing publications within Educational Equity (e.g., flyers, postcards, posters, brochures, misc. print collateral, etc.)
- Project planning with your team may begin with the Multimedia Specialist to discuss creative direction of the project, goals and objectives, design, production, and delivery.
- Publication pieces developed by internal units will require visual review to maintain standards and graphic usage representative of Educational Equity and Penn State University.
- Editorial review with the Marketing Communicators Representative (MarCom Rep), continues through the course of the print project to maintain thorough attention to consistency following the University style guide and editorial standards.
- Once a piece meets final approval, the MarCom Rep will assign a U.Ed. number to the publication. (Provided is a listing of publications that require U.Ed. Numbers.)
- Printer specifications including size, color usage, folds, bleeds, etc. may be determined by the Multimedia Specialist and communicated to the Multimedia Print Center (MPC) for print production.
- When the publication is complete and delivered, University policy requires that three copies of the publication be sent to the MarCom Rep for Educational Equity. A Publications Review Form will be provided to the unit by the MarCom Rep requesting information such as purpose of the piece, audience, total number published, total cost, etc. This maintains consistent records for archival purposes of all pieces produced within Educational Equity.
IMPORTANT: Educational Equity student affiliated project work (e.g., video, print, web, etc.), must include a discussion with the Marcom Rep and Multimedia Specialist prior to beginning the work. This conversation will allow better understanding of the scope and direction of the project and provide both the Marcom Rep and Multimedia Specialist guidance as it complies with Penn State University standards and policies.
Definition of Roles
- Role of the Marketing Communicators Representative
- Role of the Multimedia Specialist
- Role of the Office of Strategic Communications
Publications that require U.Ed number assignment
- U.Ed numbers are used to denote publications and marketing materials that have been properly reviewed, written, designed, and prepared, and approved for use. - Listing of required U.Ed numbers for these publications
- Nondiscrimination Statements
- TRIO Grant Statements (The TRIO Statement must be included on Federal TRIO Program publications.)
Logos and Word Marks
- New Penn State Word Mark
- Educational Equity Word Mark
- University Marks and Correct Use of the University Name
Social Media Avatars
- Penn State Visual and Editorial Standards Website
- Certificates and Recruitment Publications
- Internal Documents / Invitations, Online Publications, Letters from Commission Chairs
- University Stationery