Communication Guidelines and Resource Information
The information provided here is intended as a resource to ensure the quality and consistency in all of the materials produced in the Office of Educational Equity. These guidelines and resources have been compiled to offer direction in our communication efforts and procedures both internal and external to Educational Equity and to Penn State.
Steps for producing publications within Educational Equity (e.g., flyers, postcards, posters, brochures, miscellaneous print collateral.)
- Project planning with your team may begin with the Multimedia Specialist to discuss creative direction of the project, goals and objectives, design, production, and delivery.
- Publication pieces developed by internal units will require visual review to maintain standards and graphic usage representative of Educational Equity and Penn State.
- Editorial review with the Marketing Communicators Network Representative (MarCom Rep.), continues through the course of the print project to maintain thorough attention to consistency following the University's style guide and editorial standards.
- Once a piece meets final approval, the MarCom Rep. will assign a University Editor (U.Ed.) number to the publication. (See listing of publications that require U.Ed. Numbers.)
- Printer specifications including size, color usage, folds, bleeds, etc., may be determined by the Multimedia Specialist and communicated to the Multimedia Print Center (MPC) for print production.
- When the publication is complete and delivered, University policy requires that three copies of the publication be sent to Eileen Williams, MarCom Rep. for Educational Equity. A Publications Review Form will be provided to the unit by the MarCom Rep. requesting information such as purpose of the piece, audience, total number published, total cost, etc. This maintains consistent records for archival purposes of all pieces produced within Educational Equity.
IMPORTANT: Educational Equity student-affiliated project work (e.g., video, print, web), must include a discussion with the MarCom Rep. and Multimedia Specialist prior to beginning the project. This conversation will allow better understanding of the scope and direction of the project and provide both the MarCom Rep. and Multimedia Specialist guidance as it complies with Penn State standards and policies.
Previously Approved Publications Considered for Reprint
Publications requiring textual and visual oversight and U.Ed. number assignment
U.Ed. numbers are used to denote publications and marketing materials that have been properly reviewed, written, designed, prepared, and approved for use. - Listing of publications that require textual and visual oversight and U.Ed. number assignment
Required University Statements
- Nondiscrimination Statements
- ADA Statement
- TRIO Grant Statement (The TRIO Grant Statement must be included on Federal TRIO Program publications.)