Publications Requiring Editorial / Visual Review
Per University policy, all recruitment publications must be produced or approved by the Department of University Marketing in the Office of Strategic Communications to ensure the quality and accuracy of the publication. If you have questions, please contact Eileen Williams, MarCom Representative, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-5906.
U.Ed. numbers are used to denote publications and marketing materials that have been properly reviewed, written, designed, and prepared, and approved for use by a member of the MarCom Network.
U.Ed. Number Assignment
U.Ed. numbers are used to denote publications and marketing materials that have been properly reviewed, written, designed, and approved for use.
U.Ed. numbers are in the purview of the Marketing Communications Network Representative, MarCom Rep. for each unit. Only publications and marketing materials that have been approved by the MarCom Rep. or prepared by University Marketing and Advertising may receive a U.Ed. number.
MarCom Reps. should review and assign U.Ed. numbers to all promotional publications and marketing materials that are produced by their units. This pertains to materials that are used to promote, inform, or recruit, and are directed primarily to external audiences. Publications and marketing materials that should have U.Ed. numbers (and the requisite reviews and approvals) include:
- all recruitment materials
- annual reports
- brochures, flyers, posters
- catalogs and handbooks
- calendars of events
- fund-raising materials
- newsletters, periodicals, and magazines
- program and course guides
- programs and invitations (for special or sponsored events)
- promotional publications in electronic format
- schedules of events
- view books
Materials excluded from U.Ed. numbers (no review or oversight by a MarCom Rep. required) include:
- classroom instructional materials
- scholarly journals
- faculty papers
- internal memorandum
- research papers
- Unit heads should review all draft publications before they are sent to Eileen.
- Please allow at least a two-week turnaround time for Eileen to review the draft publication.
- Eileen, as Educational Equity’s MarCom Rep., will give final approval on all publications and assign the U.Ed number.
Please call Eileen Williams if you have any questions about your publications. You may email her at email@example.com, or call her at 814-865-5906.