University Editor Numbers (U.Ed. Numbers)
U.Ed. Numbers, established under the former University Editor Representative System, are used to denote publications and marketing materials that have been properly reviewed, written, designed, and prepared, and approved for use.
U.Ed. numbers are in the purview of the MarCom rep for each unit. Only publications and marketing materials that have been approved by the MarCom rep or prepared by University Marketing and Advertising may receive a U.Ed. number.
MarCom reps should review and assign U.Ed. numbers to all promotional publications and marketing materials that are produced by their units. This pertains to materials that are used to promote, inform, or recruit, and are directed primarily to external audiences. Publications and marketing materials that should have U.Ed. numbers (and the requisite reviews and approvals) include:
- all recruitment materials
- schedules of events
- view books
- annual reports
Materials excluded from U.Ed. numbers (no review or oversight by a MarCom rep required) include:
- classroom instructional materials
- scholarly journals
- faculty papers
- internal memorandum
Educational Equity. It is important to contact Eileen in the early stages of developing a publication to make sure adequate review and approval time is allotted.
- Unit heads should review all draft publications before they are sent to Eileen.
- Please allow at least a two-week turnaround time for Eileen to review the draft of a publication.
- Eileen will automatically assign a U.Ed. number to your publication if it is being produced through Marketing Communications.
- Eileen, as Educational Equity’s MarCom Rep., will give final approval on all publications.
Please call Eileen Williams if you have any questions about your publications. You may email her at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her at 814-865-5906.