Web Hosting Policy
This policy, approved by the Vice Provost for Educational Equity, establishes a central web governance policy for all staff within the unit. The benefits of hosting all of the unit web pages in a single content management system include:
- Mobile-friendly experience
- Our sites are optimized to be easily viewed on any device including mobile.
- A strategic, unit-wide information architecture
- Technical support to ensure availability of information, support and training with using the content management system, and/or assistance with information architecture
- Accessibility compliance (per Penn State policy AD-69)
- Required privacy and legal statements
- Secure, reliable environment (content backed up)
- Site-wide Google Analytics
- We are able to analyze web traffic for all Educational Equity-hosted websites and use the data to make improvements.
- Ability to quickly make site-wide improvements or changes
- If changes need to be made to comply with best practices or University policy, we can quickly implement them across the site.
As a result, we are able to increase our search rankings and visits to our websites, and provide a consistent user experience. Additionally, it facilitates the ability to provide support, manage upgrades, comply with University policies, and consult on best web practices.