Add a buddy to Pidgin
How to instructions on adding another Penn State employee to your Pidgin Buddy List
Pidgin is a universal chat client that allows you to securely chat with other Penn State employees via text-based instant messaging.
- You must have already setup your Penn State Access Account in Pidgin
Adding a buddy
- Run the Pidgin application by selecting it from the Windows Start Menu
- From the Buddy List window, select the Buddies menu and click the Add Buddy... menu item
- Fill in your buddy's information
- For Buddy's username enter their Penn State Access Account along with @chat.psu.edu (i.e., email@example.com)
- It's helpful to enter your buddy's name in the (Optional) Alias field.
- You can group buddies any way you like (e.g., PSU Units, type of association, etc) or add everyone to one big group.
- Click the Add button when you have entered all the information
- Your buddy will receive a notification to authorize you to add them to your buddy list.
- Once they authorize you, they will appear on your buddy list and you can start a chat with them by double-clicking on their name in the Buddy List.