Change your password
How to instructions on changing the password on your Penn State account in Pidgin
Pidgin is a universal chat client that allows you to securely chat with other Penn State employees via text-based instant messaging.
- You must have already setup your Penn State Access Account in Pidgin
Changing your password
- Run the Pidgin application by selecting it from the Windows Start Menu
- In the Buddy List window, click on the Accounts menu and select "Manage Accounts".
- Select your Penn State account from the list and click Modify...
- Click the Advanced tab and make sure the following settings are correct (all other options are unchecked or blank):
- Require SSL/TSL: checked
- Connect port: 5222
- File Transfer proxies: proxy.jabber.org
- Show Custom Smileys: checked
- Proxy Options: Use Global Proxy Settings
- Click the Basic tab and make sure your username and domain are correct. The Resource should indicate your location (e.i., PSU, office, home, etc) and the Local alias should be your name. Update your password here and click Save.