Setup your account in Pidgin
How to instructions for setting up your Penn State account in the Pidgin chat client installed on all Educational Equity computers
Pidgin is a universal chat client that allows you to securely chat with other Penn State employees via text-based instant messaging.
Setup your Penn State account in Pidgin
- Run the Pidgin application by selecting it from the Windows Start Menu
- In the Buddy List window, click on the Accounts menu and select "Manage Accounts".
- You will be welcomed to Pidgin and on that dialog, click the Add button.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Basic tab of the Add Account dialog
- Username is your Penn State Access Account (i.e., abc123) do not include the @psu.edu
- Password is your Penn State Access Account password
- Check the "Remember password" button so that you don't have to log on every time you run Pidgin.
- Click the Advanced tab in the Add Account dialog
- Check the Require SSL/TLS option to ensure that your conversations are handled securely
- Click Save and you will be asked to verify the SSL Certificate
- Click Accept and close all Pidgin windows