Major: Computer Science
Class Standing: Junior
Ethnicity: Chinese / American
I’m Jesse Rong and I believe that empathy and understanding makes humanity strong. This belief has continually pushed me to seek new experiences and try my best to make a positive difference on campus. For example. I once went to a lecture about linguistics in the Amazon and learned that there is a language without numbers. Speakers only had words for “many” and “few”. It was very interesting seeing how they counted because I could have never imagined a language like that. Although I don’t know how applicable the knowledge is, the experience expanded my world view and taught me something.
Other things about me:
- I was born in Virginia and raised in the suburbs of Philadelphia.
- I have traveled to Beijing many times to visit my relatives.
- I’m a computer science major who learned 3.5 programming languages
- I enjoy reading the news and surfing the internet
- I believe writing and public speaking can be fun.