You are here: Home / Student Disability Resources / Accommodations / Getting Around Campus

Getting Around Campus

Getting around campus with a temporary impairment

If it is determined that a scooter or motorized wheelchair would be helpful in assisting the student to get around campus, the students will need to speak with their primary care provider for authorization and their insurance carrier regarding payment.

Mobility devices can be rented from local vendors:

T & B Medical Inc. 
3604 South Atherton, State College 
(814) 466-8736 or (888) 950-0900

If a student is temporarily utilizing a mobility device such as an electric scooter, wheelchair, cane, crutches, etc., students are advised to research the most accessible routes to get to and from their classes.