DO NOT SUBMIT THIS FORM UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS -
- MET WITH YOUR DISABILITY SPECIALIST IN SDR FOR THE CURRENT SEMESTER
- RECEIVED YOUR ACADEMIC ADJUSTMENT LETTERS / FORMS
- PRESENTED THE LETTERS / FORMS TO YOUR PROFESSORS AND DISCUSSED THE NEED FOR A NOTE TAKER IN THEIR CLASS ***
- RETURNED THE SIGNED FORMS TO THE SDR OFFICE
*** SOME PROFESSORS WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH COMPLETE / EXTENSIVE NOTES AND PREFER YOU TO USE THOSE VS. RECEIVING NITTANY NOTES. THERE MAY BE A T.A. IN THE CLASS THAT WOULD BE WILLING TO TAKE NOTES FOR YOU. CLASSES THAT COMPLETE / EXTENSIVE NOTES ARE PROVIDED OR NOTES ARE NOT NEEDED SHOULD NOT BE LISTED ON YOUR REQUEST.
FYI: NOTES ARE NOT PROVIDED FOR "WEB" CLASSES - PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THEM ON YOUR REQUEST
In order to receive note taking services for a course or courses, a student must review the SDR policies and complete the following:
1.Officially register with SDR and have a documented disability that requires note taking as a reasonable academic adjustment supported by their documentation.
2.Meet with their SDR Disability Specialist each semester that note taking is requested.
3.Have approval for note taking as an academic adjustment for the semester that notes are being requested.
4. Go to class and give the professor your academic adjustment letter from SDR.
5. Ask the professor if this class requires IN-CLASS note taking or if COMPLETE notes are provided, either from a T.A. or the professor sharing their notes.
6. If notes are NOT provided but necessary, complete the Note taking Request Form below and submit it on-line by clicking the SUBMIT prompt at the bottom of the form. You are required to fill-in each field (using examples when provided) per class you are requesting notes for before submitting. Information regarding the class can be found at http://schedule.psu.edu
. If you are not able to complete and submit the form electronically, please contact the SDR Note Taker Coordinator at 814-863-1807.
If any changes occur to a student's initial request (drop/add; withdrawal; request canceled) the student MUST NOTIFY SDR IMMEDIATELY.
List below in the Course Section of this form ONLY those courses for which you are requesting note taking services: