Test Adjustment Procedures from the SDR Coordinator
Test Adjustment Procedures for Students Who Receive Test Adjustments Through the SDR Exam Coordinator
Students who receive test adjustments through the Exam Coordinator at Student Disability Resources are required to do the following:
Procedures to follow with the instructor:
- Schedule a private meeting with the instructor.
- Present the academic adjustment letter to the instructor as soon as it is received from SDR.
- Discuss the test adjustments stated in the academic adjustment letter.
- Make arrangements with the instructor for every test or quiz requiring test adjustments (i.e., if you need a quiet separate room for testing, discuss how this will occur).
- Leave the meeting with an understanding of the arrangements for test adjustments.
- Meet with the instructor at least four (4) working days prior to every test or quiz for which you require test adjustment.
Procedures to follow with the Exam Coordinator:
- Provide a copy of each course syllabus to SDR. The syllabus provides SDR with preliminary information regarding test and quiz schedules.
- Schedule an appointment with the Exam Coordinator to review the syllabus and testing schedule for the semester. You will be asked to sign an agreement that you have read the procedures for scheduling test adjustments.
- Submit the Test Adjustment Sign-Up Form to the SDR Exam Coordinator four (4) working days prior to the date of the test or quiz. Note: Faxes and campus mail are not an option for submitting the Test Adjustment Sign-Up Form.
- Test adjustments are not guaranteed if the Test Adjustment Sign-Up Form is not received by the SDR Exam Coordinator four (4) days prior to a test date.
- Contact the Exam Coordinator, Karen Port, with cancellations and/or changes with the scheduled test or quiz.
- Inform your Disability Specialist and the Exam Coordinator at SDR regarding any classes dropped or added to your schedule.
- The Exam Coordinator will notify you at least two days before your test or quiz is scheduled to verify the course, test time, and the room location. If you do not receive a confirmation via e-mail, please call the Exam Coordinator for details.
- Inform SDR of any telephone number and/or E-mail address changes during the semester.
Procedures for the Day of the Test or Quiz:
- Students must leave all materials, backpacks, cell phones, pagers, etc. with the proctor. You may only have, in the immediate test area, materials the instructor has given written permission to use during testing.
- If you are not satisfied with the testing adjustments, inform the proctor immediately. The proctor and SDR will attempt to resolve the problem immediately.
- If the proctor is late arriving to the testing location, contact the SDR Exam Coordinator immediately.
- After the test or quiz, complete the Proctor Evaluation Form included with your testing packet. This feedback enables SDR to monitor testing adjustments/services.
- Contact your SDR Disability Specialist with any problems or grievances that you may be having with an instructor.
It may be helpful to carry the telephone numbers of SDR (814-863-1807) (V/TTY) and (Karen Port, SDRExam@.psu.edu), Exam Coordinator, at 814-863-1681 for all tests or quizzes.