Upward Bound Migrant
Upward Bound Migrant (UBM) assists ninth through twelfth grade students with migrant farmworker backgrounds gain academic skills and motivation in preparation for precollege and postsecondary success. Services include academic instruction in critical reading and writing, mathematics, and sciences as well as English language acquisition support, tutoring, mentoring, and counseling where appropriate. Penn State’s Upward Bound Migrant program serves students from Hazleton, Lebanon, and Reading school districts.
Summer Academy Important Dates 2014
- Sunday, June 15 - Students Arrive
- Thursday, July 3 - Students Depart 4:00 p.m. for home
- Sunday, July 6 - Students Arrive on Campus 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 9 - Students Depart 4:00 p.m. for Home
- Sunday, July 13 - Students Arrive on Campus 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 18 - Students Depart 4:00 p.m. for Home
- Sunday, July 20 - Students Arrive on Campus 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 23 - Cultural Trip
- Thursday, July 24 - Cultural Trip
- Friday, July 25 - Students Depart 12:00 p.m. for Home