CLGBTQE Funding Guidelines
Guidelines for Organizations Applying for Funding from the Commission On Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual,Transgender, and Queer Equity
The Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Equity serves to improve the climate for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender members of the Penn State community through examination of current policies and practices, and through the initiation and promotion of initiatives that will result in a more equitable environment. Any funding received from the commission must be used to promote the mission and goals of the commission. To help ensure equitable distribution of available funding, the commission will consider funding requests up to $500.
- Requests should be made at least six weeks in advance of the event to ensure prompt consideration.
- The Commission on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Equity must approve all requests.
- The Executive Committee will inform the members of requests during full commission meetings.
- Detailed descriptions of the event and how the money will be used must be provided at the time of the funding request. Funding request forms can be found on our website at http://www.equity.psu.edu/clgbtqe/.
- After the event is completed, an organizational representative will report to the commission about attendance, program success, and the ways in which monies were spent.
- Unused monies will be returned to the commission.
- The commission must be mentioned in all advertising of the event or program.
- Any promotional material must be approved by a University Editor representative.