Welcome to the Upward Bound Program (UB)
Upward Bound is a federally funded program that helps high-school students gain academic skills and motivation to continue their education beyond high school. At Penn State, the Upward Bound Program serves over 116 students each year from six target high schools in five counties — Clearfield, Dauphin, Huntingdon, Mifflin, and Perry.
Summer Academy Important Dates 2014
- Sunday, June 15 - Students Arrive
- Thursday, July 3 - Students Depart 4:00 p.m. for home
- Sunday, July 6 - Students Arrive on Campus 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 9 - Students Depart 4:00 p.m. for Home
- Sunday, July 13 - Students Arrive on Campus 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 18 - Students Depart 4:00 p.m. for Home
- Sunday, July 20 - Students Arrive on Campus 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 23 - Cultural Trip
- Thursday, July 24 - Cultural Trip
- Friday, July 25 - Students Depart 12:00 p.m. for Home
Our Target Schools
- Mifflin County High School
- Moshannon Valley High School
- Mount Union Area High School
- Newport High School
- Steelton-Highspire High School
- West Branch Area High School
- SAT prep
- Development of study skills
- Counseling about personal, academic, financial aid, and career concerns
- Career exploration
- Job shadowing
- College tours
- College application and financial aid help
- Cultural opportunities including films, museum visits, theatrical performances, and sporting events
- Trips to major cities
- A six-week summer session held on Penn State University Park's campus