You are here: Home / Student Disability Resources / Accommodations / Changing Penn State Campuses

Changing Penn State Campuses

Penn State is a multi-campus system across Pennsylvania. While some students choose to complete their degrees at a single campus, more than 50 percent of students spend their first two years at one campus and transition to another for their final two years.

This transition between two campuses is called the 2+2 plan. Students who are registered with Student Disability Resources and choose to change campuses can receive accommodations at any of Penn State’s other campuses. Every campus has a disability services office and associated Campus Disability Services Coordinator who is prepared to assist students with the change-of-campus process.

Students who are interested in changing campuses and desire continued receipt of accommodations through Student Disability Resources should do the following:

  1. Contact their current Campus Disability Services Coordinator to discuss their transition to the new Penn State campus
  2. Schedule a time to meet with the Campus Disability Services Coordinator on their new campus prior to the start of classes following the campus change

While all Penn State campus disability services offices are consistent in their available accommodations, they may differ in their actual implementation.  Students can discuss this with the Campus Disability Services Coordinators prior to or after changing Penn State campuses.