Housing Accommodations

Steps and additional information for on-campus housing accommodations

Penn State Housing and Food Services (HFS) provides reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities so that they have an equal opportunity to use and enjoy University housing. Housing and Food Services has an established protocol for requesting housing accommodations, which includes the following steps:

  1. Accept a Housing and Food Service (HFS) Contract to live on campus
  2. Have a qualified third-party (e.g., medical doctor, psychiatrist, psychologist, or clinical licensed social worker) who is treating the student personally complete a request for reasonable accommodation, preferably by established deadline dates per semester
  3. Submit documentation to support your request for reasonable accommodation

Housing and Food Services (HFS) has separate processes related to...

Note: Student Disability Resources is not involved in the on-campus housing accommodations process.